WhatsApp Homepage BannerNews Google+ By News Highland – September 25, 2020 326 new Covid 19 cases in ROI, 22 of them in Donegal Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic 326 new Covid 19 cases have been reported today in the Republic today, 22 of them in Donegal.There are no new deaths.That brings the total number of cases to 34,315, and the number of Covid related deaths to 1,797.The highest daily number of COVID-19 cases has been announced in the North today, with 273 new cases today.There has now been more than ten thousand cases in Northern Ireland since the start of the pandemic, according to the Department of Health.Over 10% of those infections have been diagnosed in the past week.No new Coronavirus related death were announced today North of the border today.**********************Statement from the National Public Health Emergency TeamThere have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today.There has been a total of 1,797 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.As of midnight Thursday, 23 September, the HPSC has been notified of 326 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 34,315* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland. Of the cases notified today;162 are men / 152 are women69% are under 45 years of age33% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case49 cases have been identified as community transmission152 cases are in Dublin, 32 in Cork, 22 in Donegal, 21 in Galway, 15 in Meath, 11 in Kildare, 9 in Kerry, 8 in Louth, 8 in Westmeath, 6 in Limerick, 6 in Mayo, 6 in Tipperary and 5 in Wexford, with the remaining 25 cases in 8 counties.The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.Dr Ronan Glynn, Acting Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said: “Today I am asking people everywhere but particularly in Donegal and Dublin to pay special attention to the public health advice.“I ask every individual to take personal responsibility to prioritise who you need to see, limit the size of your social network and reduce your social contacts over the coming days and weeks.“Because while there is every chance that other areas will have to move to level 3, there is nothing inevitable about it. We have seen previously how people working together can turn the tide on this virus and bring increasing trajectories back under control.“Know how valuable your individual actions are. Your choices and your actions are part of how we will succeed.” WhatsApp Facebook Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Twitter News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Pinterest Community Enhancement Programme open for applications Google+ Twitter Pinterest Previous articleNews, Sport, Nuacht and Obituaries on Friday September 27thNext articleGAA confirm National Football League fixtures to resume next month News Highland Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR
EAST ALTON, Ill. (AP) — Part of a shuttered power plant in southern Illinois has been demolished. Crews imploded the Wood River Power Station building in East Alton shortly after 8 a.m. Monday. KTVI-TV reports that East Alton Fire Chief Timothy Quigley said It will take at least another month for three smoke stacks at the site to be imploded. The Alton Daily News reported that the former Dynegy coal-fired power plant was closed in 2016. The site was purchased in 2019 and is being remediated by Liability Partners of St. Louis for possible new development.
The result put City within three points of leaders Chelsea with two matches in hand, but Pellegrini refused to entertain talk of the title being theirs to lose. “I don’t think so. We will continue fighting with the other three teams, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, and we have to win the two postponed games and continue playing the way we play,” said the Chilean. “I am not thinking about the title. Tomorrow we are thinking about Arsenal (who they face on Saturday).” By contrast, Moyes was left to defend another poor performance from his side which left them 12 points adrift of fourth, with Chelsea a distant 18 ahead. “I take responsibility for the team, I always will do,” said the Scot, whose side have taken just seven points from 13 games against the present top nine and scored only one goal – and that from a corner. “Everyone knows this is going to be a job which is going to take a little bit of time to get the way we would like it, but that is the job and I recognise that. “I thought it would be a tough year for us, no doubt about that, but I hoped it would be much more competitive and closer to the top of the league than we are at the present time.” Moyes has consistently shouldered the blame and deflected criticism away from his players and he did so again, although even he admitted he did not understand why they were not up for the game against their rivals from the off. Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini insists he is not thinking about winning the Premier League title, but for United counterpart David Moyes such a scenario remains nothing more than a pipe dream after he admitted full responsibility for their disastrous season. “We never started well. We never gave ourselves a great opportunity to get into the game,” added the Scot. “Manchester City started really fast and conceding a goal after 30-40 seconds made it difficult. “I just think we never came out of the blocks. You prepare the players, you warm them up, you do all the things to have them ready, but we just never started. “It gave them (City) a real big lift to get a goal so early on. “We had to try to make sure we got through that 10-15 minute period when they were out of the blocks. “After that we weathered it and got ourselves back into the game and finished the half quite strong. “The key to it was not to concede a second goal so we could always give ourselves a chance back in there, but I didn’t think we started the second half well. “We brought pressure on us by our play and in the end we conceded a corner just before that and there was another one and then that led to a goal. “It was obviously poor marking and we should have done much better.” In a relatively incident-free Manchester derby, the only controversial incident came in the first half when United midfielder Marouane Fellaini escaped with a yellow card after appearing to catch Pablo Zabaleta in the face with an elbow. Pellegrini said he saw it but accepted referee Michael Oliver’s judgement. Moyes said he initially did not think it was a foul and had to be told afterwards it was a potential red card. “I didn’t see the incident. If the referee decided not to send him off I respect that,” said the City boss. Moyes added: “I genuinely have not seen it again. When I first saw it in the game I didn’t even think it was a free-kick so I couldn’t even tell you, but by what I am hearing people are saying it could have been worse.” Press Association The Red Devils slumped to a sixth home defeat to their ‘noisy neighbours’ after Edin Dzeko scored twice – including the fastest Premier League goal by a visiting team after 44 seconds – and Yaya Toure added a late third. United have now lost more matches at home this campaign than in the last three seasons combined, and in doing so became the first reigning top-flight champion in 51 years to lose six or more of their first 15 home matches since Ipswich in 1962-63.