Prohibition order served on Letterkenny butcher

first_img Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows WhatsApp Facebook Prohibition order served on Letterkenny butcher Homepage BannerNews Pinterest Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Twitter Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+center_img Pinterest Community Enhancement Programme open for applications By admin – March 8, 2019 Publicans in Republic watching closely as North reopens further Previous articleBlaney claims Fianna Fail HQ are meddling with election chancesNext articleMan jailed for 25 years for attempted murder of police officers in Eglinton admin Twitter A prohibition order has been served on a Donegal butchers.The Food Safety Authority of Ireland reports today that the order was served last month on Paddy Gildea of The Friendly Meat Shop, Old Town Road, Letterkenny following the discovery of unstamped and untagged lamb carcass.The order is in response to the failure of the butcher to demonstrate effectively the origin of the lamb carcass and that it was slaughtered in an approved plant contrary to Article 18 of the Regulation of EC which an officer says gives rise to the risk of unapproved food entering the food chain.Mr Glidea has been directed by an authorised officer of the HSE to ensure the unstamped and untagged lamb carcass stored in the coldroom of the shop be withdrawn from sale with immediate effect and to ensure it is not used for human consumption, is rendered safe for human consumption or is detained or destroyed in a manner prescribed by the officer. Renewed calls for full-time Garda in Kilmacrennan Google+ WhatsApplast_img read more

University wins case against ‘Oxford Law School’

first_imgA business in Hampshire calling itself ‘Oxford Law School’, has been ordered to change its name and hand over its website domain to Oxford University following a ruling at the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court earlier this month.Judge Janet Lambert found that the Eastleigh-based law school had attempted to “pass off” its courses as connected to the University of Oxford, and said that “there only has to be one bad or mediocre teacher, or one bad or mediocre course to impact on the university’s reputation”.The ‘Oxford Law School’, which ceased trading in February 2013, had also changed its website design in 2012, after Oxford University complained of the use of similar fonts and colours. Furthermore, it placed a disclaimer on its site, explaining that the school was not connected to the University of Oxford.The Judge said the website had “sought to recreate a look and get-up [of Oxford]… likely to deceive potential law students”, although she accepted that the school “served a slightly different market”.Cherwell was unable to contact Mohammed Riaz, who is thought to have run the school from his home in Eastleigh, but speaking to the BBC News he claimed only “morons in a hurry” would mistake the school for Oxford University.However, the Judge agreed with the university’s assertion that the “substantial majority of people” would be confused by the naming. She added, “I also do not accept that such people would fall into the category of being ‘morons in a hurry’”.The university has reported a number of incidences in which students of the law school contacted Oxford University’s law faculty.Georgia Harper, a second-year law student at Hertford College, told Cherwell, “It’s a difficult one. ‘Oxford’ is a place name at the end of the day, so it would probably be unreasonable for the university to block all other usage of the word. On the other hand, this school used not only the word ‘Oxford’ but similar fonts, colours and images to those used by the university, as if it were trying to unfairly piggyback on the university’s reputation, especially as the school is some distance from Oxford itself”. A spokesperson for the University of Oxford told Cherwell, “The University is very pleased with the judgement of the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court”.last_img read more

Dakar: Peterhansel takes stage but Sainz retains lead

first_img Loading… Stephane Peterhansel won the sixth stage of the Dakar rally on Friday as his Mini team-mate Carlos Sainz retained the overall lead. Brabec won the motorbike section of the 477 kilometre stage to Riyadh. Stephane Peterhansel climbs one of the dunes en route to stage victory in Riyadh. Bobby Patton, co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team, crashed out of his first Dakar after four kilometres. The race news service reported that the accident left “his co-pilot with back and torso injuries.” Frenchman Peterhansel finished one minute 35 seconds ahead of Spaniard Sainz.Advertisement Defending champion Nasser Al-Attiyah of Qatar was third in his Toyota, 3min 22sec off the lead, with Saudi driver Yazeed Al Rajhi warmly greeted by fans as he finished fourth in another Toyota a further 3min 20sec back. Former Formula One champion Fernando Alonso was sixth in his Toyota, 7min 56sec behind Peterhansel. Sainz increased his lead in the overall standings to 7min 46sec over Al-Attiyah. Peterhansel is third, 16min 18sec behind Sainz. Two-time Formula One champion Alonso is 16th, more than three hours off the pace. Truck category leader Andrey Karginov takes to the air , co-driver Andrey Mokeev and Igor Lenonov compete during the Stage 6 of the Dakar 2020 between Ha’il and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on January 10, 2020. The stage started over fast, flat sands but there were dunes later on.“Today was a long stage, 477 kilometres, so it’s long. It was fast but sometimes we crossed some dunes, so it was slow, fast, slow, fast,” 13-time Dakar winner Peterhansel said.“The biggest problem for me is that with these high speeds you need to be really concentrated a lot. You are not physically tired but it’s more mentally tiring.”Al-Attiyah said the Minis had an advantage over his Toyota.“We are really going at the maximum and the Mini buggy is too fast compared to a 4×4,” he said. “We’ll see next week. It will be tougher.”Saudi entrant Al Rajhi continued his strong showing despite mechanical difficulties.“I am happy,” he said. “I’m from Riyadh. I have a lot of fans here and I enjoyed it a lot so thanks to them for coming.”“Today was not an easy day. After the start we had a leak of oil and we were scared because there was a crack and I was scared all the oil would leak out. But taking care and taking it easy was the most important.”Brabec grabbed his second stage victory in the motorbikes, finishing 1min 34sec ahead of Honda team-mate Spaniard Joan Bareda. Austrian KTM rider Matthias Walkner was third at 2min 45sec.center_img Read Also: Mr Dakar wins stage 4 as Sainz keeps the lead in Saudi“It was a long stage,” Brabec said. “It was a big one, the first real stage of 100 per cent sand. I’m just happy to be here and to be leader in the general standings.”Saturday is a rest day.“We deserve some rest,” said Brabec who leads Chilean Pablo Quintanilla of Husqvarna by 20min 56sec in the overall standings at the half-way stage.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseThe World’s 7 Most Spectacular Railway StationsBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks12 Iconic Actors Whose Careers Were Stunted By A Single Movie7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black HolesA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayThese TV Characters Left The Show And It Just Got BetterThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeithlast_img read more

Jose Mourinho left embarrassed by unwavering support of Chelsea fans

first_img After the loss to the Cherries, Mourinho appeared to concede defeat in his side’s bid for a top-four finish and Champions League qualification. Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri, who was Chelsea boss prior to Mourinho’s appointment the first time in June 2004, believes the Blues can still finish in the top four. Now Mourinho agrees with him. “Independent of the Bournemouth defeat, I think in the last couple of months everyone is improving, the team is improving,” Mourinho said. “We are going in a good direction in terms of the level of individuals and the team consistency. We need results. “Before we lost the last three points against Bournemouth I was absolutely convinced of the fourth position in the table. “I was convinced of a great December for us. I was miles away from believing we could lose this match. “Who knows? We could get a run of four or five consecutive victories and because nobody is doing that from the top clubs, maybe we have a chance to shorten distances and to dream of a great finish and to finish fourth. “While mathematically it’s possible we have to try.” Mourinho was glowing in praise for Ranieri and Leicester, who spent the entirety of last season fighting relegation. The Chelsea manager said: “I think he should win manager of the half term. “If you can give an award for the first six months of competition, everyone is miles away from him and every club is miles away from what Leicester is doing. “I said a couple of weeks ago I don’t believe they can be champions. Maybe I have to think twice before saying that again. “One thing is to be top of the league in September after a beautiful start. Another thing is to be top of the league in December. That’s a completely different story. “It would be something magnificent, something to impress the football world, but sometimes these things can happen and why not happen with them?” Mourinho has a fully-fit squad to choose from at Leicester and Cesc Fabregas could again find himself as a substitute. Mourinho said he completely trusts the midfielder, despite his under-par showings this term. “Every minute he’s on the pitch the commitment is there, the professionalism is there,” Mourinho said. In front of Roman Abramovich, who on October 5 issued the first managerial vote of confidence in 12 years as owner in support of Mourinho, the Blues fans lauded the Portuguese and rose in unison to salute their boss once victory was sealed. “When people are so nice to me and they sing my name and ‘Stand up for the Special One’, I feel a bit embarrassed, because I don’t know how to react,” Mourinho said. Mourinho was unhappy to see Garry Monk lose his job as Swansea boss this week and criticised the culture of firing managers. He remains convinced he will stay in charge after signing a four-year contract until June 2019 on the eve of the season. “The bad results are not normal, but the situation of any manager keeping his job and having the chance to improve and to have the chance to finish his work, that’s normal,” Mourinho said. Mourinho says the display against his former club Porto was so much better that it marked a return to form. “The performance on Wednesday in a high-level, pressure match was so good that I don’t see any reason for the players not to have the same kind of answer,” Mourinho said. The Portuguese said much the same after the goalless draw at Tottenham and last Saturday’s defeat to Bournemouth – Chelsea’s eighth in the Premier League this season – took him by surprise. Defending champions Chelsea are 14th in the Premier League entering this weekend’s fixtures and could even be in the relegation zone before their Monday fixture at leaders Leicester. The 52-year-old’s position as boss appears precarious despite Chelsea advancing to the Champions League last 16 on Wednesday night against Porto. Press Association Jose Mourinho is embarrassed by the adulation from Chelsea supporters which comes during a miserable season. last_img read more